Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Anxiety related to Cataract Surgery Pre-operative

Nursing Diagnosis and Interventions for Cataract

A cataract is a clouding of the lens in the eye that affects vision. It is the most common cause of blindness and is conventionally treated with surgery. Most cataracts are related to aging. Cataracts are very common in older people.

Those with cataracts commonly experience difficulty in appreciating colors and changes in contrast, driving, reading, recognizing faces, and coping with glare from bright lights.

4 Types of cataract
  1. Congenital cataract. Some babies are born with cataracts or develop them in childhood, often in both eyes. These cataracts may be so small that they do not affect vision. If they do, the lenses may need to be removed.
  2. Traumatic cataract. Cataracts can develop after an eye injury, sometimes years later.
  3. Secondary cataract. Cataracts can form after surgery for other eye problems, such as glaucoma. Cataracts also can develop in people who have other health problems, such as diabetes. Cataracts are sometimes linked to steroid use.
  4. Radiation cataract. Cataracts can develop after exposure to some types of radiation.

Signs and symptoms of Cataract
  • Clouded, blurred or dim vision
  • Seeing "halos" around lights
  • Fading or yellowing of colors
  • Increasing difficulty with vision at night
  • Frequent changes in eyeglass or contact lens prescription
  • Sensitivity to light and glare
  • Double vision in a single eye

Nursing Diagnosis and Interventions for Cataract

Anxiety related to Deficient Knowledge and information cataract surgery pre-operative

Goal: Anxiety decreased after nursing action.

Outcomes:
The patient calm and relaxed.
Can reveal the cause of anxiety.
Being able to control the anxiety.
Can explain about the surgery.


Interventions:

1. Assess the patient's level of anxiety, measuring vital signs.
2. Provide the necessary patient information prior to surgery.
3. Provide relaxation techniques and mental suport involving religious elements.
4. Give the patient the opportunity to express his feelings before the surgery.
5. Encourage management to use relaxation techniques, visualization, and breathing deeply.


Rational:

1. Possible increase in blood pressure and pulse rate accompanied by shallow and irregular breathing showed anxiety manifestations in patients.
2. Adequate information and good delivery will change the perception and mindset of the patient.
3. Patient is able to control the emotions and anxiety levels, by trying some regular breathing techniques,
4. Calm soul that affect the level of emotion and anxiety.
4. Increase relaxation and coping may lower IOP (intra-ocular pressure).

3 comments:

  1. Unfortunately there are a lot of AIDS/Herpes denials on Herbal cures still out there. I did research on them after I was tested HIV/Herpes positive I was so worried am I going to die soon. I continue my search again on herbal remedy for Std, then I found lots of testimony on how Dr Itua Herbal Medicine Cured HIV/Aids, Herpes Virus,Copd, Hepatitis,Shingles, Diabetes,Epilepsy,Infertility, On websites sharing their testimonies, which made much more sense to me. All the authors pronounce Dr Itua As a man with Good Heart, I pick interest in their testimonies and I contact him about my situation then he gave me procedure how it works, I proceed after one week he courier his Herbal Medicine to me and instruct me on how to drink it for two weeks to cure. I receive His Herbal Medicine so I drank it for two weeks as I was told then after 2 days I go for a test I found out I was cured from HIV/Aids & Herpes Virus, I pay homage to him 2 months ago to his country to celebrate with him on his African festival which he told me it usually happens every year. I know there are lots of (HIV)/Aids&Herpes Virus denials of Herbal Remedy movement the same few doctors and they represent a very small faction of the community. I could have died because I refused Natural Herbs Cures for so long, but luckily, by the grace of God I am alive to tell my story. Contact Info...Whatsapp Number...+2348149277967,Email...drituaherbalcenter@gmail.com/My Instagram Username...avat5634 Just in case you need someone to talk with.

    ReplyDelete
  2. HOW I GOT CURED OF HERPES VIRUS.

    Hello everyone out there, i am here to give my testimony about a herbalist called dr imoloa. i was infected with herpes simplex virus 2 in 2013, i went to many hospitals for cure but there was no solution, so i was thinking on how i can get a solution out so that my body can be okay. one day i was in the pool side browsing and thinking of where i can get a solution. i go through many website were i saw so many testimonies about dr imoloa on how he cured them. i did not believe but i decided to give him a try, i contacted him and he prepared the herpes for me which i recieved through DHL courier service. i took it for two weeks after then he instructed me to go for check up, after the test i was confirmed herpes negative. am so free and happy. so, if you have problem or you are infected with any disease kindly contact him on email--- drimolaherbalmademedicine@gmail.com. or / whatssapp --+2347081986098.
    This testimony serve as an expression of my gratitude. he also have herbal cure for COLD SORE, SHINGLES, CANCER, HEPATITICS A, B. DIABETES 1/2, HIV/AIDS, CHRONIC PANCERATIC, CHLAMYDIA, ZIKA VIRUS, EMPHYSEMA, LOW SPERM COUNT, ENZYMA, COUGH, ULCER, ARTHRITIS, LEUKEMIA, LYME DISEASE, ASTHMA, IMPOTENCE, BARENESS/INFERTILITY, WEAK ERECTION, PENIS ENLARGEMENT. AND SO ON.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Titanium Astroneer - Titi Bike
    Titi bike titanium, Astroneer - cobalt vs titanium drill bits Titi Bike; Titi Bike Classic - Titi Bike; Titi Bike nano titanium by babyliss pro Classic 바카라 사이트 위너바카라 - Titi Bike Classic - Titi Bike Classic; Titi Bike Classic - Titi Bike Classic. Rating: titanium trim hair cutter 4 · ‎3 titanium nipple jewelry reviews

    ReplyDelete